In every house, the child’s room is a special place. When furnished properly, it could be a dreamy chamber. But if not, it can quickly become a boring, monotonous bedroom with no joy or adventure. It does not matter how small or big your house is as long as you know the right furniture to decorate it with. In this blog, we are going to guide you on exactly what to buy for your little one’s room and turn it into a dream-come-true for them.
Bunk beds are popular kinds of furniture which can be most commonly spotted in households with multiple children. Apart from their modest size and obvious space-saving capability, a bunk bed is twice as cheap as a conventional bed would be. It can also provide sleeping space for as many as three individuals at once, and the most remarkable part is its unparalleled level of structural strength. The ladder used to connect the different floors of the bed bunk is made from the highest quality materials and the legs are often very thick to ensure stability of the furniture. Overall, their brilliant craftsmanship makes them one of the safest options for young children and adolescents.
Another great advantage of the bunk beds is their availability in a diverse range of designs and styles. In the 21st century, bunk beds are regaining their popularity and manufacturers are utilizing this market to create variants that are not only unique, but functional, practical, spacious and in accordance with the latest trends. It is not surprising that the design aspect is a crucial part in every decision-making process of the customer. We understand how frustrating it can be to choose the perfect piece of furniture for your little one’s room. A lot of factors play in: your child’s preference, your expectations, safety, appearance, budget and most importantly, the floor space available in the room. Fortunately, you will be delighted to find out that bunk beds fulfil most of these criteria by default. So, all you need to do is find out what your child likes and surprise them with a bedroom where they feel joyous, comfortable and safe.
When floor space is limited and storage capacity cannot be compromised, a practical solution is needed. Corner wardrobes are the most sensible choices in such circumstances. They are deftly designed to maximize the storage capacity, which is especially important when every square foot of the space is essential. The wardrobe utilizes the neglected corners of the room and transforms them into functional storage spots. Their roomy internal structure is more than enough to accommodate the belongings of up to two children at once. With conventional wardrobes, this would not be feasible, unless you opt for the larger ones that offer multiple compartments and hanging rods.
For a single child, the standard hinged door wardrobes can also do good. Most of these come as part of funky furniture collections that are designed especially for kids’ bedrooms. What you get, therefore, is a matching set of furniture with concordant colours and design. However, you can still choose a corner wardrobe even if the room has only one child. An obvious advantage of this is that twice the storage capacity is available and almost everything can be easily organized. Storage, therefore, of clothes, bedding, school bags, books, toys, multimedia accessories and other things is no longer a problem. The room is also decluttered and there is plenty of space still left for the child to play and have fun around.
Since corner wardrobes are built with symmetrical inside layouts, children can enjoy the opportunity of having their very own section of the wardrobe where they can store whatever they desire. The storage offered includes almost always a pair of shelving rack at each side that form numerous medium-sized compartments, usually some drawers are also featured and the centre has a common hanging rod in a massive space the dimensions of which are exceptionally generous.
All in all, if you live in a small house or studio apartment or any residence that has rooms with limited space and you want to provide your child with the best possible personal chamber, then a corner wardrobe must be at the top of your buying list.
An essential but often neglected part of a child’s room is a desk. No matter how young or old your child is, it can be immensely helpful to have a personalized area to do the homework, use the computer or read books. Most of the desks today come with additional shelves and storage compartments where the child can safely store their personal belongings like headphones, stationery and daily journals. So, a desk is not only practical in terms of the storage space it provides, it is also important in adding more convenience to your little one’s life, decluttering the room and encouraging neat organization.
For this reason, it is important that you consider the needs of your child before buying a desk. Do they work on a computer? Do they like to play video games? What about homework? How do they usually do their homework? Are they an avid reader, or someone who likes to make drawings? In all these cases, the potential desk will need a specific set of features. If there is a computer involved, a sliding keyboard tray is important. Similarly, a desk with a shelf to keep the CPU, speakers and a mouse, unless it’s a laptop. It’s always a good idea if the furniture has a cable management system to prevent the electrical wires from tangling up. Drawers with locks will provide your child a sense of security and allow them to store their saved money or most-needed items such as a watch.
- Think about what your children are going to use the bedroom for. For example, if it’s for sleeping only, emphasis should be placed on the bed and transforming the room into a peaceful, relaxing area. If on the other hand they are avid readers or video gamers, be sure to incorporate a desk, good lighting and a comfortable place to sit too.
- Always remember that quality and comfort should come before everything else. This applies regardless of where, what and for whom you are buying the furniture for.
- Choose your furniture in a material, finish and colour that will complement your desired overall look. Harmony between the colours, design and style of the furniture is important. You don’t want to mix colours that do not go well together, or something that your child may not like or be afraid of.
- The size and shape of your room can also have an impact on the pieces you choose. If your room is small, the use of mirrors and light colours is a great way to create an element of space and light. However, if your children are too young and playful, avoid furnishing the room with delicate furniture.
- Storage is an extremely important factor to consider when choosing your furniture. The more stuff your children have, for example toys, board games, multimedia accessories and etc., the more space they will need to store it. Chests, drawers and wardrobes come in various sizes and can help keep your little one’s room tidy and clutter free.