Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (T&C’s) apply to all transactions made with Arthauss. By placing an order with us, you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to these T&C’s. If you need clarification on anything within these T&C’s, please contact us via email@example.com before placing an order. Nothing in these T&C’s affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
Billing Address: We can only accept card payments if the bank card has been issued in the UK. We will have to cancel your order if the above criteria are not met. If any other payment method has been chosen, the billing and shipping can differ, but only for UK locations.
- We deliver goods seven days a week, including public and bank holidays - typically between the hours of 06:00 and 17:00.
- Please note that deliveries to Central London are typically between 06:00 and 08:00.
- We will inform you of the likely approximate length of time until delivery at the point of order. Once the delivery timescale has been provided, and the order is confirmed as available for delivery, we will do our best to make all arrangements for the most convenient date of delivery and will notify you to confirm it. Where possible, we will deliver on the first available van.
- The manufacturers provide a 12-month warranty on items - subject to T&C's.
- Manufacturers may make some goods to order and the delivery time reflects the time it takes us to deliver it to your home. We aim to meet delivery times provided in the listings; however, these times might be slightly extended during busy periods.
- Please note that your delivery service may be subject to change on rare occasions. If this occurs, you will be contacted before delivery to be informed of any changes.
- Once you agree to accept the delivery and for any reason you are not present at the delivery address, we reserve the right to apply a re-delivery charge of £40.00.
- We reserve the right to cancel the order when we cannot contact the buyer to discuss the delivery.
- We aim to give a minimum 48-hour notice before delivery by sending you an email and text notification with a two-hour delivery time slot. Please be aware the time slot might change due to traffic or any other factor; however, our delivery crew will inform you about any changes which may occur.
- We reserve the right not to deliver an order if we believe the address isn't secure, such as a communal postal address or PO box. If this affects an order you place, we'll notify you as soon as possible.
- The buyer's responsibility is to make easy access for delivery, i.e. leave appropriate instructions if the property is gated and has a concierge. Our delivery is to the ground floor only.
- You can book additional service if you wish to deliver it to your property if you live in the basement flat or on the 1st floor and above (multi-storey building). This is a subject of £20 charge (basement flat, 1st and 2nd floor) or £40 (3rd and 4th floor). These charges do not apply if a suitable and accessible lift is present.
- Please note that sofa deliveries are ground floor only
- Goods are not delivered past the fourth floor unless a suitable and accessible lift is present, within which the items will fit inside it.
- We are unable to deliver to a specific room within a house.
- We reserve the right to cancel or refuse delivery where a suitable parking space is unavailable.
- After delivery, Arthauss cannot accept any responsibility for any damages caused by the buyer when moving the items.
- Our delivery crew cannot move or take away any of the buyer's personal belongings to arrange space.
- Please be advised that our delivery team must wear protective shoes at all times within your premises. It is advisable to have carpet covering prepared before our staff enter your premises during adverse weather conditions.
- The furniture is brand new and packed in its original packaging. It is delivered flat packed for self-assembly. Please be aware the parts are not labelled.
- Items typically only include pictorial assembly manuals. There are no written instructions. If you wish to see the manual before purchasing, please get in touch with us, and we will send it to you.
Buying A Sofa – Custom Made Item
Consumer Contract Cancellation regulations do not apply to your order if the goods have been custom made to your specification.
If you change your mind within three working days from agreeing on the customisation details on your item, we will refund your order. Should you request a cancellation after the stated three working days' time scale, you will only be eligible for a 50% refund.
Customers are responsible for taking measurements to ensure that furniture will fit through the entrance door. You can find all measurements on our website.
Returns and Cancellations
Any mattresses removed from packaging will be deemed as having been used; therefore, buyers cannot return them for a full refund for any reason other than being not of satisfactory quality or not as described.
At Arthauss, some of our items will be made to your specific requirements - the buyer will choose the colour combination, fabric and orientation.
Distance Selling Regulations only apply to your order if the goods have not been custom made to your specification or if you have not examined the product in our showroom. If the Distance Selling Regulations do apply, you can cancel your furniture by notifying us in writing, either before delivery or within 14 working days after the date of delivery.
Should you wish to return the goods, it is the buyer's responsibility to take good care of the furniture. The buyer is responsible for the furniture once delivery has taken place, and the buyer is liable for any losses or damages. Buyers must return goods in original packaging. The buyer's responsibility is to return the items to our central warehouse in good condition - failure to take reasonable care may result in a claim against you.
Refunds will be issued once the goods have been inspected for any damages and missing pieces. Following the cancellation of your order, refunds will be processed to the original payment method and usually within 14 days from the day after you inform us of your decision.
As per Consumer Rights Act 2015, you have a legal right to reject goods of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described, and get a full refund within 30 days after the delivery.
Items partially or fully assembled cannot be returned for a full refund. Refunds will be adjusted for already assembled parts that need to be replaced.
After Delivery Has Taken Place
Reporting Transit Damages Or Wrongly Delivered Items
It is not advised to book assembly service until your goods have been received in full and inspected.
The buyer should note any damage to the pieces before assembly, and we are not legally responsible for any damage caused during or after assembly. Proceeding with assembly using faulty parts is acceptance of the item.
If any items are incorrect, damaged or faulty, you should notify us as soon as reasonably practical after the delivery by phone or email. We aim to replace the damaged item(s) as soon as possible; however, this may take up to eight weeks in rare instances. If replacement of smaller parts is required, we will post the goods by a third party courier.
We always try to provide a replacement as quickly as possible; however, the time may vary due to manufacturers being based abroad, and we cannot take responsibility for delays. We will always keep the customer informed.
This does not affect your statutory rights, and you can seek more information on the Citizens Advice Bureau's website.
We accept the following:
- Payment by Debit or Credit Card: Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Visa Electron and Delta Card. Online payments taken over the phone are handled by Nochex, which provide a secure server for processing all card transactions.
- Payment by Debit or Credit Card over the telephone
- Bank Transfer
Payable to: Arthauss Furniture LTD (Santander)
Sort code: 09-01-29
Account number: 05282445
- Duologi Finance
The laws of England shall govern the contract between us, and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England. English is the only language offered for the conclusion of the contract.
Our products are chosen on the basis that the buyer will use them for domestic use. If you plan to use them for business purposes, please ensure that the appropriate insurance covers you. Where you decide to use the products in the course of a business, we exclude (to the fullest extent permitted by law) those warranties and conditions relating to fitness for a particular purpose.
Our maximum liability to business users arising out of or in connection with the products shall be limited to the replacement value of the product in question (except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or in respect of fraud).
Concerning business users, we do not accept liability for the fitness of goods for business purposes, nor do we accept liability for loss of use of the item nor any loss over and above the cost of the item in the event of a claim for breach of warranty or condition. All our furniture are suitable for general domestic use only. For commercial use, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for safety standards or compliance unless you have requested, in writing, furniture for use in that environment, and we have supplied relevant safety certification.
You may not assign or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these terms and conditions or any related product order to any third party.
If any portion of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part. In that case, the validity or enforceability of the other sections of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
Whether you would like to change the size, colour or your entire product, we are happy to help you with that!
The process is action an exchange is essentially the same as a return, with all the same policies listed in our Returns Policy applying. There are two ways to exchange an item, depending upon your preference.
- Before Your Original Item Has Been Returned: To receive your new item as soon as policy, you can proceed and place an order for the new item before you return the old item! Once we receive the original item, we will refund the amount to your original payment method, minus any return charges.
- After Your Original Item Has Been Returned: Follow the same steps as a regular return. Once you receive your refund, you can use the original payment method to place a new order.
Return shipping costs still apply for all exchanges and will automatically be deducted from the refund amount.
- Name & Registered Office:
- Arthauss Furniture LTD
- 84-86 Great Northern Terrace
- Somer House
- LN5 8HJ
- Company Number: 09558592
If you need help or any advice on our products, please get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and leaving your name and contact details. We will contact you at the earliest opportunity.
Disclaimer and Liability
We, Arthauss, will not be liable to anyone for any loss or damage that may arise from using any information displayed on this website or from the impossibility of access to our website.
We will not be responsible for any delay or failure in delivering the products ordered by you or damage to the products when an event beyond our control causes this.
Product Dimension Tolerance
What is tolerance?
Tolerance is the acceptable variation from a specified dimension. Items of furniture will generally have an amount of tolerance. Quite often, this is because the item may have been handmade; on other occasions, it may be because it needs to settle in the customers home.
Whilst we rarely have an issue with the wrong size unit supplied, by accepting our terms and conditions, you agree to the following tolerance levels:
New mattresses may take at least four weeks to settle. After this time, we would still expect a degree of tolerance:
- Width - 1.5cm
- Length - 1.5cm
- Depth - 2cm
Each upholstery product is handmade, and the fillings are soft. This means that the measurements will often vary slightly from piece to piece. We accept the following level of tolerance:
- Width - 2cm
- Length - 2cm
- Height - 2cm
Some cabinet furniture is hand-finished; therefore, there will always be a tolerance to adhere to:
- Width - 0.5cm
- Length - 0.5cm
- Height - 0.5cm